As we close the books on 2017, we wanted to look back on the topics that resonated most with the readers of Urban Land Online in the past year.
In a year with much uncertainty, our January piece on trends to watch was more popular than ever. Another popular piece focused on the future of American suburbs, with research provided by John Burns Real Estate Consulting in partnership with ULI’s Terwilliger Center for Housing. Other popular pieces looked at reclaiming urban watefronts, smart cities around the world, and creative placemaking done right.
Here are the top five most popular articles from 2017 overall:
- Five U.S. Commercial Real Estate Trends to Watch in 2017
- Three U.S. Cities Reinventing the Modern Waterfront
- Where People Will Want to Be: “Surban” Communities
- Smart Cities Promise a New Way of Living
- 10 Best Practices for Creative Placemaking
Thank you to all of ULI’s members who contributed their expertise to many of these articles. We are looking forward to another great year.