Ten outstanding female real estate professionals were recognized at the recent ULI Fall Meeting in Washington, D.C., as the 2019 recipients of the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) Prologis Achievement Award. Recipients of the prestigious award were hosted at the meeting by senior WLI members, who are serving as mentors to the awardees to help them advance in the industry and strengthen their engagement with the Institute.
The WLI Prologis Achievement Award is part of ULI’s focus on increasing diversity and inclusivity throughout the Institute and the industry. WLI’s mission is to promote diversity and inclusion by supporting the professional development of female members and the advancement of more women into leadership roles.
In recognizing the 2019 award recipients, ULI Global Governing Trustee and WLI leader Gayle Starr said, “The achievement award is founded on the premise that women make up half of the population and therefore should make up 50 percent of leadership in the real estate industry. If we can increase the number of women in real estate, eventually we will change the C-suite makeup for greater gender equity at senior levels.” Starr recently retired from Prologis as managing director of capital markets, after 27 years of service at the global logistics real estate leader and its predecessor company, AMB.
Each 2019 award recipient is active in ULI locally through the Institute’s District Council network. The recipients are as follows:
- Robyn Brown, ULI Toronto member and senior land use planner/land economist, IBI Group Inc., Toronto;
- Cortney Cole, ULI Houston member and managing director, Houston office of JLL Capital Markets, Americas;
- Alison Jarvis, ULI Houston member and principal, Jarvis Civil Engineering;
- Erica Leatham, ULI Triangle member and vice president, planning and entitlements, Raleigh division of M/I Homes;
- Lissa Lunt, ULI Chicago member and vice president, Pritzker Realty Group, Chicago;
- Joy Sinderbrand, ULI New York member and vice president, recovery and resilience, New York City Housing Authority;
- Chinar Starck, ULI San Francisco member and senior vice president, Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate Group, San Francisco;
- Marina Trejo, ULI New York member and director of development, Two Trees Management, New York City;
- Sarah Wick, ULI Chicago member and senior associate, the Related Group, Chicago; and
- Maggie Hamilton Winship, ULI New York member and director of strategic planning for Amherst, New York, and Williamsville, New York.
The WLI Prologis Achievement Award was first offered in 2015. Each year, recipients of the award receive a complimentary registration to the Institute’s Fall Meeting—the industry’s premier event—as well as up to $2,000 in travel expenses in an effort to help awardees strengthen their connections with industry leaders. At the meeting, recipients are invited to attend a ULI product council meeting, which is a highly sought-after opportunity for member knowledge-sharing, as well as all WLI events at the meeting.