Confronting COVID-19: Tactical Urbanism and Other Approaches to Repurposing Space and Boosting EquityCreative uses of transportation infrastructure during the coronavirus pandemic—such as closing streets and using parking lots to accommodate outdoor food markets, dining, and children’s play areas—have helped provide spaces to gather in safer and socially distant ways while supporting local businesses, according to participants in a recent webinar hosted by ULI’s Building Healthy Places Initiative. Read More
Recommended Reads during COVID-19: A Curated List of News and Information of Interest to Land Use ProfessionalsIn the face of the current environment, we are committed to providing timely, practical guidance; best practices; and global insights—whether developed by ULI or curated from respected third-party sources as we have done here. Read More
- 2020-09-10 09:29:21 The importance of creative placemaking—the process of intentionally integrating arts, culture, and community-engaged design into comprehensive community development—and the role that artists play in that process have been elevated by both the COVID-19 pandemic and social justice protests in the United States, as people seek places to socialize and connect with others outside their homes, according to participants in a recent ULI webinar.
- 2020-09-08 10:10:09 ULI MEMBER–ONLY CONTENT: The global COVID-19 pandemic promises to accelerate the adoption of property technology (proptech), which sits at the intersection of the roughly $230 trillion global property sector and the nearly $3.4 trillion global technology sector, speakers said in early September during the virtual ULI Asia Pacific REimagine conference.
- 2020-09-03 12:22:04 As more commercial properties work to reopen safely during the COVID-19 pandemic, independent healthy building certifications developed in response to the coronavirus are increasingly being sought by building owners, managers, and tenants seeking to assure building users that their spaces are safe to enter and occupy. The leading healthy building certification systems, WELL and Fitwel, have developed new certification modules.
- 2020-08-17 18:33:33 ULI MEMBER–ONLY CONTENT: With more Americans working, taking classes online, and, of course, quarantining in their homes, one study looks at the changing needs and preferences of owners and renters alike.
- 2020-08-17 14:36:18 Ten venues provide places for community members to gather, play, compete, learn, and enhance wellness.
- 2020-08-10 11:43:51 Demonstrating social value and the impact of real estate on a community is becoming more integrated into the decision-making and investment strategies for real estate. During a ULI Europe webinar, panelists said that the biggest challenge was addressing how the multifaceted nature of social impact can be measured accurately.
- 2020-08-10 11:35:38 ULI MEMBER–ONLY CONTENT: How is the recreational development industry navigating the COVID-19 pandemic and other sea changes of contemporary times?
- 2020-08-03 13:31:51 ULI Member-only Content: Distinguished placemakers discuss how resort and recreation developments can adapt to consumers’ changing priorities.