Author: Lisa Rother
Lisa Rother is a retired urban planner whose most recent professional position was that of executive director of ULI Washington from 2007 until 2019.
Articles by Lisa Rother
- Envisioning Connectivity in a Post-Conflict City: Callie Persic Works to Create a More Accessible, Safe, and Vibrant Belfast
Published on October 07, 2022 in Sustainability
Callie Persic is a development manager with the Belfast City Council, leading Belfast’s Connectivity Programme and city center project, “A Bolder Vision for Belfast.”
- Envisioning a “City in Nature”: How Kartini Omar and Singapore’s National Parks Board Are Creating Green Oases amid Density
Published on September 23, 2022 in Sustainability
Kartini Omar is group director of parks development and Jurong Lake Gardens at the National Parks Board of Singapore. This interview was conducted in June as part of a series designed to celebrate park visionaries and share inspiring and practical insights into their perspectives, challenges, and advice.
- Envisioning Equity: How Corey Wilson Leveraged a Park System for Community Benefits
Published on September 06, 2022 in Sustainability
Corey Wilson is superintendent of the Recreation and Park Commission for the Parish of East Baton Rouge. He oversees the more than 170 parks in the system, which includes an observatory, nature center, equestrian park, zoo, performing arts theatre, arboretum, and more. This interview was conducted as part of a series designed to celebrate park visionaries and share inspiring and practical insights into their perspectives, challenges, and advice.
- Envisioning Park Quality for All: How Happy Haynes Is Transforming Neglected Parks into Community Assets
Published on July 01, 2022 in Sustainability
Allegra “Happy” Haynes is the current executive director of the Denver Department of Parks and Recreation. Haynes shares how the city's leadership can better acknowledge the inequities in the system.
- Envisioning Inclusion: How Scott Kratz Transformed Bold Community Voices into the 11th Street Bridge Park
Published on May 25, 2022 in Sustainability
This interview with Scott Kratz, senior vice president of Building Bridges Across the River and director of the 11th Street Bridge Project, is part of a series designed to celebrate park visionaries and share inspiring and practical insights into their perspectives, challenges, and advice.