Author: Bennett Voyles
Bennett Voyles is a Berlin-based business writer.
Articles by Bennett Voyles
- Nature-Positive Design: Developers Are Learning to Build for Biodiversity
Published on February 17, 2023 in Sustainability
A number of factors are encouraging developers to try to bring Mother Nature on as a partner. On the carrot side, some governments are offering incentives to build green. There are sticks as well, which are also helping to keep builders focused on their carbon footprint
- Too Little, but Not Yet Too Late: At COP 27, Real Estate Leaders Say Industry Is Making Progress but Must Accelerate
Published on November 14, 2022 in Sustainability
Leaders of the commercial real estate industry attending COP 27, the United Nations climate conference being held this year in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, said a variety of challenges and opportunities lie ahead in the industry’s drive toward sustainability.
- Waterfront Redevelopment: European Port Cities Brace for More Storms and Rising Seas
Published on July 11, 2022 in Sustainability
Planners are taking a more defensive approach to waterfront design in the hope that they can deliver the appeal of urban life near the water without putting lives at risk.
- Growing Pains for Green Investing
Published on January 24, 2022 in Sustainability
Whether or not investment in sustainable buildings is currently profitable, green fund managers argue that it is best to begin making changes now.
- UL Basics: Decarbonization and Real Estate
Published on January 20, 2022 in Sustainability
Why sustainability is so important.