Update: More events in the region: ULI Asia-Pacific Events
- 2020-05-28 11:16:39 Panelists at this year’s ULI Singapore Conference, held virtually for the first time, discussed the challenges they face as developers with recent workplace disruptions, how to allow for working remotely while catering to the needs of stakeholders, and the lasting impact the pandemic will have on commercial real estate as a whole.
- 2020-05-26 10:44:32 The Hong Kong government’s recent decision to embrace a new tendering process for the sale of a prime parcel of waterfront land adjoining the Central business district marks a welcome departure from longstanding policy. In the past, such tenders were invariably awarded to the highest bidder without regard to the quality of the proposed development. Now, however, use of a “two-envelope” approach to sell the plot, known as Site 3, means that design also becomes part of the equation.
- 2020-05-22 10:00:42 At the 2020 ULI Singapore Conference, which was held virtually, panelists discussed how hotels have started to offer takeout and delivery to non-guests, in addition to working with the local government to house those under quarantine orders.
- 2020-05-21 16:27:40 An international study assesses and compares 21 leading global business districts, confirming that business districts in western Europe and North America continue to lead the way amid fierce competition from Asian business districts, but all will need to adapt for the future in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Business districts in Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, and Beijing all ranked in the top 10 in this year's study.
- 2020-05-19 11:00:40 Many countries in Asia have successfully mitigated the spread of COVID-19 through a range of strategies that include universal mask use, testing, sophisticated technology for contact tracing, and strict government quarantine and cleaning protocols, according to leading real estate professionals participating in a recent ULI webinar. The participants described impacts on their real estate businesses, and how the real estate industry has been enlisted in the fight against the coronavirus.