Update: More events in the region: ULI Asia-Pacific Events
- 2020-08-03 11:34:11 Industry experts from around the world convened both online and in person at the 2020 ULI China Mainland Summer Meeting in July. While many speakers were bullish overall, opinions were mixed on traditional office and retail as the economy recovers from the global pandemic.
- 2020-07-27 14:01:00 A recent webinar organized by ULI Japan helped envision this “new normal,” looking at the current state of the global economy to make predictions about the “post-pandemic world.” The online forum was moderated by Jon Tanaka, managing director and cohead of Japan Real Estate, Angelo Gordon, who was joined by Izumi Devalier, chief Japan economist, Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- 2020-06-17 10:23:00 In recent decades, SOM’s urban design work in China has created several successful old town redevelopment planning projects—such as Shanghai Xintiandi and Foshan Lingnan Tiandi—that integrate China’s ancient urban heritage into a new type of urban placemaking, one that celebrates local traditions while also creating immeasurable economic, social, and cultural value. Guangzhou’s Old Town is the latest of these.
- 2020-06-09 15:14:10 When the SARS epidemic surfaced in China in 2003, the impact on domestic real estate was severe but fairly short-lived, with rents and prices rebounding quickly once the outbreak had peaked. The fallout from COVID-19, however, promises to be more profound, as shrinking global demand for Chinese products turns the screw on firms that have only recently restarted operations, said industry experts working in the region.
- 2020-06-08 12:11:17 Kenneth Rhee, executive director of ULI China Mainland, spoke with ULI leader Vincent Lo, chairman of Shui On Land, about his thoughts on the near-term impact of COVID-19 on China’s real estate market and how the urban environment and real estate industry will change.