Editorial Calendar 2018
Four quarterly issues:
- FALL – Arriving Oct. 11-18 (Fall Meeting in L.A. is week of Oct. 23)
- WINTER—Arriving Jan. 3-10 (ULI Europe in Berlin is Jan 30-31.)
- SPRING—Arriving April 18-25 (ULI Spring in Detroit is May 1-3; ULI Asia Pacific in Hong Kong June 5-7.)
- SUMMER—Arriving July 11-18.
- SPECIAL ISSUE: TECHNOLOGY. Arriving Feb 28-March 7, extra distribution at ULI Spring Meeting in Detroit, May 1-3 and ULI Asia Pacific Meeting in Hong Kong, June 5-7
Sales & Production Schedule
Cover Story: Transportation: How technology, design, and policy can keep communities attractive to businesses, developers, & residents.
- Host City Focus: Los Angeles. Stories about top trends & developments, including a look at the new Wilshire Grand tower
- Asia Pacific Summit Highlights
- Collision Points—Boston Consulting Group’s ideas on achieving the right amount of interaction in office space.
- 55+ Housing: The latest in resort and themed developments.
- Reporting from ULI’s Housing Summit in New Orleans
- Europe: Barcelona’s experiment with superblocks
- Solution File: Union Flats live/work modular construction near the San Francisco Bay area.
- Special Section: Southwest US.
- ULX: Ten examples of excellence in transit-related architecture
- Outlook: Observations about transportation-oriented development from experts in the field.
TO PRINT: Sept. 20
Ad Sales: Aug. 23
Ad Art: Sept. 11
Cover Story: Finance & Investment. Will include an integrated look at the U.S., Asia Pacific, and Europe editions of Emerging Trends in Real Estate, the highly regarded annual report produced by ULI and PwC.
- ULI Global Awards for Excellence Winners (22-24 pages of photos and descriptions of the 2017 winners.)
- ULI Fall Meeting Highlights: Lessons & images from Los Angeles
- Special Section: U.S. Mid-Atlantic
We also are publishing a new Europe Issue of Urban Land, delivered along with the global issue to all ULI members in Europe. There will be special distribution at the ULI Europe Summit in Berlin Jan. 30-31, and the availability of Europe-only advertising purchases.
TO PRINT: Dec. 13 (Earlier for Europe issue)
Ad Sales: Nov. 14
Layout from ER: Nov. 17
Ad Art: Dec. 1
Editorial copy deadline: Sept. 25 (Contact editor well prior)
Cover package: Housing. There is unmet demand for millions of new homes—across all price ranges—in the U.S., the U.K., and elsewhere. What will these new homes and communities look like, and how will they perform? Will include a story about the designs, sizes, locations and prices that will be needed to suit the demands of Millennials settling down—and the still-influential Baby Boomers.
- Host City Focus: Detroit, site of the ULI Spring Meeting in May
- A package of stories about what the New York times say might be “The Most Exciting City in America.” Will include a story about some innovative retail brands that are moving into the hotel business in Detroit.
- Outlook: Housing for the Middle Class
- ULX: Ten Notable Affordable Housing Developments
- Solution File: Retrofitting an arterial strip center into a mixed-use center two miles south of downtown Austin, Texas.
- Special Section: Midwest U.S.
- ULI Europe Meeting highlights from Berlin, including thoughts on the global flow of capital
We also will publish a special Asia-Pacific issue of Urban Land, with Asia-only content and advertising. It will be distributed along with the global issue to all ULI members in Asia Pacific, plus special distribution at the ULI Asia Pacific Meeting in Hong Kong, June 5-7
TO PRINT: March 28 (Earlier for Asia Pacific)
Ad Sales: Feb. 27
Ad Art: March 16
Editorial copy deadline: Jan. 8 (Contact editor well prior)
Cover package: Design. Latest trends in interior, exterior, and landscape design.
- Highlights from the ULI Asia Pacific Summit
- A look at what’s going on in Tampa, Florida
- Reporting from ULI’s Florida Meeting
- Outlook: Hospitality Design
- ULX: Emerging Architecture Firms
- Special Section: Florida & the U.S. Southeast
TO PRINT: June 20
Editorial copy: April 2
Ad Sales: May 25 (Friday before Memorial Day)
Layout from ER: June 1
Ad Art: June 18
Editorial Copy deadline: April 2 (Contact editor well prior)
Editor in Chief, Elizabeth Razzi
Online Editor, Brett Widness
Sr. Manager Global Advertising, Mary Sumner