Those attending ULI’s Fall Meeting in Denver October 16 to 19 will find it easier to get the most out of the event thanks to a new mobile app for iPads, iPhones, and other smartphones capable of browsing the web. The free app is designed to help attendees plan their schedules, communicate with each other instantly through Twitter, comment on programs—and even find nearby restaurants.
The app, along with a complete rebuilding of ULI’s website, http://www.uli.org, unveiled this summer, represents a significant enhancement of ULI’s online networks.
The new ULI.org website, includes several features to help visitors connect more easily with ULI content, programs, and people. These include a crisp, less-cluttered design and simple navigation; pages that resize automatically for mobile and tablet devices (a source of internet traffic to ULI.org that increased 128 percent over the past year); and short content postings that appear throughout the site, allowing ULI to better deliver the latest content and conversations about topics of interest to members.
Visitors can see at a glance news about upcoming events and the latest offerings from ULI’s research centers and initiatives, advisory service panels, awards, and educational programs. If you have comments or suggestions about the new website, please share them at email@example.com.
The new mobile app for the Fall Meeting can be installed on iPhones and iPads, as well as Android and BlackBerry mobile devices. A web-based version of the app also puts it within reach for other web browser–enabled phones. A sponsorship by KPMG is helping make this valuable tool available for free to meeting attendees and other ULI members and customers.
The ULI Fall Meeting app allows users to perform these functions:
- organize your schedule with one touch, adding sessions you want to attend;
- receive up-to-the-minute alerts from ULI’s event organizers;
- follow and join Twitter conversations via the hashtag #ULIFall12;
- rate the sessions you attend—and comment on them;
- locate exhibitors you want to visit by accessing a map of the floor plan;
- connect with colleagues using the Friends feature to exchange contact information and share your schedule; and
- find restaurants and other places of interest in the Denver area.
To download the ULI Fall Meeting 2012 Mobile App, follow these procedures for different mobile devices:
- For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android phones, visit the App Store or Google Play on your device and search for “ULI Fall Meeting 2012.”
- For all other phone types, including BlackBerry and other web browser–enabled phones, direct your device’s mobile browser to http://m.core-apps.com/ulifall12. From there you will be directed to download the proper version of the app for your device.